Thursday 31 July 2014

A shabby page for Papirdesign and Sizzix.

For this page I managed to combine assignments for two DT's and I just love that! Mostly when you are on DT's you receive a lot of beautiful supplies and 'crossfertilization' benefits both parts as there will inevitably be a larger audience for both. On the occations that I manage to do that I feel quite content! :-)

 I started out with two sheets of pretty paper from Papirdesign.
Here are some shots of how I made the background:


Here is a step by step description:

1. I started by prepping my background with gesso and then modeling paste.
2. When dry I sprayed with two different colours of mist.
3. I cut and distressed strips of papers and arranged them on my page. I then stitched them in place.
4. I used the Frameworks die to cut three pieces from corrugated cardboard that I painted with gesso.
5. I I cut and assembled some Tattered florals and Tattered leaves.
6. I die cut  my photo with the ovals die set and also some white Bazzil to back it.
7. I arranged and glued down all my elements and added the title.
 


Without being biased I believe the Sizzix Bigz dies are the most versatile dies on the market.  
They will actually cut almost anything and are such a joy to work with.
Today I upcycled an old cardboardbox that I received some scrapbook supplies in.
The Bigz die cut through it 'like butter'. And I was left with a beautiful piece that looks like thick chipboard (for free....! ).


When talking about favourite supplies,... Have you tried the Prima Color Bloom sprays yet? 
They are by far my favourites. With all my other mists I always have to start by declogging  them. These will work at the first attempt. 
I have got a few colours but will definitely be stocking up on some more !


I used one of the Susan's Garden tools to scratch a pattern into the leaves to make them more dimensional.


And then just one more close up :


Thanks for dropping by!

Papirdesign supplies:
Julehilsen- Nostalgisk jul
Forventning- Vakre Blomster 
Pink flowers with pearls
Beige/grey roses
White mini flowers
Letter stickers white


Sizzix supplies used:

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layers Bente. I love that you show your process here...and I do love that chipboard on the background...and of course your stunning flower clusters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout Bente! I love the really soft feel to the entire page. Lovely background...Thank you for sharing the process here.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Love the layers and texture here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty page in a unique style. Thanks for sharing your process. The swathe of flowers is just beautiful and you always have stunning photos to work with. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....such a great design and such a pretty and beautiful result! Love that background and such beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...