Sunday 5 May 2013

''Cabasse Summer'' for Inkido DT

Today I have made a page for you showcasing a couple of photos from our holidays last Summer.
I had a lot of fun using some mixed media techniques on  my layout and getting really messy...
-Not to mention my scrap area... :-)


This goes to show that even though the Inkido papers and embellishments may look vintage or romantic you can still use them to make a project that is a little edgy and even a little black around the edges. This time I used a small stamp from Prima Marketing with a dark brick motive to make the outline. I only used half the stamp and stamped several times.



Most of the paper flowers here are by Inkido and even the half pearls in different shades of blue
and aqua. I used a mask by Prima and some blue paste.

The small butterflies were cut out from Inkido papers. I cut out many at a time and keep them in a small plastic bag to pick from later.


I used a butterfly stamp as well as a text stamp on my white doily shapes. The doilies are two different models from Spellbinders.


For the yellow areas I just dripped a couple of drops of glommermist on the paper and smeared it out here and there with my fingers. I enjoy doing that especially in areas that have been primed with gesso because that softens  effect.



That cool hanging lamp-thingy is really super awesome. It is one of Ingvild Bolme's trinkets.
Simply fabulous!! I thought it went rather well with all the black.

Thanks for dropping by. And thanks for any messages, -I love reading them!!

13 comments:

  1. What a pretty layout, Bente! Love the background you created and all of the soft blue colors, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue in the background, Bente! Super-cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome and cute at the same time. Love the butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bente I love the pale blue and grey with the hints of colour from the flowers, a really beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous.. I love the back ground details.. fabulous masking! lovely colors and photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! I love the background. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I could look at this forever, Bente. So beautiful and dreamy and those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooooooooo stunning. Wowsah! :D Swoon.....(I'm such a fan!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and page! Exquisite details. Love the blue that draws the eye right to your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a stunning layout Bente! One of my all time faves of yours for sure. The colours are so pretty & that blue paste is super awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mixed media looks great and I love all the stamping around the edges of the paper. I suggest anyone who reads this check out all the close ups. They're are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the three mixed-and-matched embellishment clusters on this lovely page, and I also love your tip for cutting out several butterflies ahead of time, in order to have them handy for projects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...