Wednesday 5 January 2011

The Color Room # 39


This is the palette for week 39 at the Color Room. I am a bit late posting it and my layout was also long in the making!




Due to all my different commitments at the moment I opted for a more simplistic style of lo this week. 
Normally a lo can take me a log time so it was nice for a change to get something done in a jiffy!  
I am quite please with how it turned out anyway. I think it has a certain serene feel to it. I wrote a little journalling on a tag underneath for Beatrice to read later.


 




In the photo is Beatrice playing a small musicakl instrument that her grandfather gave to her long ago.

 This is my take.  


The dressforms were made using a stamp from The Girls Paperie. I was astonished at how good the quality of the stamp was. Normally I make a mess, but these worked fine!





























I recycled the cut-out  from a cardstock-heart ( TCR #25 I think...)
I punched some holes down one side and thread a strip of tulle through. I attached another piece to the back and made a bow.
Papers and letter-stickers are October Afternoon and flowers are Prima. I believe the lime ribbon is Prima as well.




 A close up of the bow.



I just thought I would post a photo from what the lo looked like when I was trying out different positions for the embellishments.

As usual I like to use texture and this time I used a piece of recycled cardboard for my base. I do not know beforehand how a lo will turn out. I play as I go along. Therefore I painted the whole piece even though I would later cover up most of it.



The finished lo looked a bit different from my work in progress....



Tomorrow I am going to be guest designing with the rest of the Stash-Girls over at Color Combos Galore.
I am so excited!  Make sure you head on over!

Thanks for taking time to visit me and maybe leave a little comment!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...